This puzzle is said to have been written by Albert Einstein and that he claimed 98% of people cannot solve it. Although there is no evidence that this is true, the puzzle still presents a fun challenge. Give it a shot and see how you do.
- There are 5 houses in 5 different colors.
- In each house lives a person of a different nationality.
- These 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet.
- No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar, or drink the same drink.
The question is: Who owns the fish?
- The Brit lives in a red house.
- The Swede keeps dogs as pets
- The Dane drinks tea
- The green house is on the left of the white house
- The green house owner drinks coffee
- The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
- The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
- The person living in the house right in the center drinks milk.
- The Norwegian lives in the first house.
- The person who smokes Blend lives next to the one who keeps cats.
- The person who keeps horses lives next to the person who smokes Dunhill.
- The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
- The person who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.